Business Development Associate
As the country’s largest and most experienced clinical research group, New Zealand Clinical Research (NZCR) was formed in mid-2020 by the merger of Christchurch Clinical Studies Trust (CCST) and Auckland Clinical Studies (ACS). This brought together over 35 years of combined experience in quality early phase clinical research. NZCR is a privately owned company, with medical research facilities in Auckland and Christchurch. This new position is responsible for identifying and managing the business development activity for new business opportunities.
They are looking to employ a Business Development Associate to secure and retain business for NZCR via professional, consultative, and proactive sales activities directed at decision makers and decision influencers at new and existing clinical sponsors. The role is full time and there is excellent flexibility around work location.
What will you be doing?
- Manage proposal bid and budget negotiation process, co ordinating with key internal stakeholders to determine appropriate resource and budget allocation.
- Lead proposal bidding strategy calls/meetings to discuss customer requirements and budget strategy development and/or modification.
- Work within budgeting system to perform analysis of client budget to actual data, validate calculations and forecasting and ensure accurate output of data NZCR templates.
- Finalise documents for distribution to the customer and internal departments.
- Ensures proposals concisely and accurately reflect strategy discussions, meet client needs, and convey value proposition and critical success factors.
- Maintains sales database, maintains cold calls and client visit activity reports.
- Ensures client satisfaction through periodic client contact; report and develop recommendations to address client dissatisfaction, respond to all client requests.
- Participates in and may occasionally lead department projects and initiatives
What will set you apart?
- Relevant tertiary qualification – preferably in Health Science or Medical.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing strategic sales development activity.
- Sound knowledge of scientific sales with experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industries preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skills to identify and develop sales leads, professionally present capabilities, manage the sales process through close and handle all aspects of customer negotiations.
- Good computer skills to handle sales automation systems, word processing, spreadsheets and e mail.
What we offer
Working at NZCR will provide you with a committed and inclusive work environment of talented people who are specialists in their field. The vibe is open, approachable, and inclusive and the people are professional and forward thinking. They operate out of a modern, state-of-the-art facility within the Christchurch Health Precinct.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please call Craig Atkinson on 021 223 2124.